This coming March 7th AIRE is doing its part to stimulate the economy by giving employees an opportunity to punch in on Saturday, purchasing our fair share of hamburger patties and selling a kayak for the not-so-everyday low price of a raffle ticket. (Proceeds benefit the Idaho Whitewater Association). What’s going on? AIRE is celebrating 20 years of playing on the water!
20 years ago AIRE was rockin’ out to “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel and “Strait Up” by Paula Abdul. While AIRE was kicking out its first models of rafts, kayaks and catarafts the rest of North America was enjoying the newly released Sega Genesis and Disney World’s grand opening to the public. 1989 also brought us Dilbert, 100 years of North Dakota and South Dakota, and the Premier of Seinfeld. One the very day, March 9th 1989, that AIRE was organized a strike forced Eastern Airlines into bankruptcy and a few days after that, a 4400 year old mummy was discovered in the Great Pyramid of Giza. Bread was $.67, your could by a stamp for $.25 and the Dow was a whopping 2,753.
It really is quite the accomplishment and we plan to be around for many more to come. If you are in the area or want to hop a plane to Boise, here is the schedule of events for March 7th at AIRE:
· Open house: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Yep, we are here all day!
· Factory Tours: 10:00am, every 15 min or so. The factory will be in full production mode and watching the life cycle of a boat is really quite fascinating.
· Boat Repair Clinics:
o 10:00am: Airecell System – once you get the hang of it, it really isn’t so bad.
o 11:00am: Field Repairs – For the times your field is broken
o 1:00pm: Rebuilding Valves and D-Rings.
o 2:00pm: Boat Maintenance, Transport and Storage.
· Fly Casting Clinics: 9:00am to 11:00am - Brought to you by the Idaho Angler, 1:00pm to 3:00pm – Brought to you by Anglers
· Lunch: 11:00am to 1:00pm. Burgers, chips and drinks. Hits the spot every time!
· Raffle: sometime between 3:00pm and 5:00pm.
We hope to see you there! (Google Map)
2021 E. Wilson Lane
Meridian, ID 83742