Raft handles have been a bit of a sore subject here at AIRE. Three years ago we thought we had come up with a good looking, comfortable, functional handle for our rafts and catarafts. We were mistaken. They were marginal at best and to make matter worse, they were particularly hard to replace and that makes for a grouchy repair department.
The customer feedback was unanimous, something had to be done! There was a *battle between the Sales and Engineering departments. It was fought with dirty looks, swords, passive aggressiveness, and an incident with a forklift. After the dust settled, a new handle emerged victorious.
We could all agree on this handle because:
- The boat owner can replace his/her bad handles (thou, we would still be more then happy to do it for you if you want to send it in)
- It didn’t look cheesy or make the boat look cheep.
- We could easy change all our new boats to this new handle mid-season.
- It was more durable in a tear test.
- It is still relatively comfortable.
- We have received some positive feedback from Outfitters.
If your grey handles are falling apart and you don’t want to hassle sending your boat to one of our service centers, shoot us an email to email@example.com. Include a picture of your bad handles and your boat serial number so we can send you the handle replacements.
*no staff was injured during the production of this handle. Well…not seriously injured.